Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Quiet Summer Sunrise

"Good morning world",
 is what I say as I don my clothes 
and head out the screen door in hopes
 of catching a glimpse of the morning's first rays.
So quiet and still are the waters,
I can hear the air move beneath a bird's wings as it takes flight.
The beauty of morning always fills my heart, 
every direction I turn is yet another glimpse of God's 
masterpiece.
In this morning light
the frigates have taken flight high in clouds.
As I snap what I think is my last shot of the morning
 I look down in the water so calm and clear 
and there looking up at me is a large gray stingray. 
She just sat there on top of the soft green sea grass studying me as I looked very closely at her.
 She had a knot on her side that looked like a tumor. Do stingrays get tumors?
Camera in hand I took a few more shots.
 She winked at me as if to say,
" Have a good day",
then she swim away.
I hope your weekend is beautiful,wonderful
 and full of joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment