Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nature Walk Arrangement

I have just returned from a long weekend in 
Lake St. Catherine,Vermont.
 She is beautiful with all her wonderful
 lush green foliage.
Morning walks were a must,
 the air was crisp and smelled fresh and clean.
 My hostess and dear friend Linda walked with me. She told me the history 
of some of the wonderful cabins and the people who have lived here. 
As we walked I was captured by Mother Nature,
 her beauty beckoned and my kinetic fingers had to touch.
 My mind was reeling as I thought of all the wonderful arrangements
 I could make with the fern, moss, fallen birch bark and
 moss covered pine bark,
wild flowers, berries, pine cones, acorns
 and even a small stick covered with moss and fungus.
By the time I returned back to the lake house 
my arms were full of Mother Nature's bounty
and Linda was smiling and wondering ,"What is she going to do with that?"
I asked Linda if she had something flat I could use for an arrangement
 and some containers to hold water.
She found a wooden tray that would be prefect for the base of the arrangement.
We found these containers in the barn, a small can,
a small thin bottle and a jar. 
PERFECT!
I have everything I need for my nature walk arrangement.
 Its time to start putting it together.
I started by placing my berries on the wooden tray.
 Remembering what I had seen on our walk 
I started building my arrangement.
I placed the pine bark around the small bottle so that it looked like an old tree.
The birch bark went around the jar.
To represent the wood's floor I placed moss around the small can
and the stick in the front of the arrangement along with
 some wild flowers and pine cones.
Ferns and wild flowers were placed in the hidden containers
All finished now! Let's take her inside.
Thanks to my friends for indulging my love for nature
 and the wonderful kinetic world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment