Thursday, August 9, 2012

Driftwood Ideas

One day I was looking around my house thinking
(Actually I was cleaning) and 
I noticed that, well, my decorating 
needed a little change.
As you may or may not know I 
really like driftwood.
In past blogs I have made driftwood
mirrors and a driftwood arbor.
Those things, though wonderful,
 need a lot of driftwood. 
Today I will share with you
decorating ideas that only use one or
two pieces of driftwood.
For this lovely seashell and driftwood arrangement
I started with an antique wooden tray as my base
then I placed an interesting piece of
driftwood on my tray. 
Beautiful white shells and sea life were then placed
 on and around the driftwood.
I left a space in the corner of my tray
for a glass bottle which I filled with water
an added three philodendron leafs.
This arrangement is anchored with a fiber mat.
I added a piece of driftwood into the center of
 the arrangement that is sitting on my 
diningroom table.
My arrangement was okay.
Okay or fine is not good enough for me.
 I placed a piece of driftwood in front
 of my arrangement.
This signal piece of driftwood worked as an anchored 
for my arrangement.
Much better!
I had a lot of fun putting this arrangement 
together.
 I  used things I had sitting around the house
 to tell a story on this side table.
One piece of driftwood brought the 
whole arrangement together.
All you need is one piece of driftwood
with a little character then watch 
your arrangements come to life.






1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done! I love the wood that your end tables are made of.

    ReplyDelete