Friday, April 11, 2014

Sculpted Hand

I would like to start this post by saying,
"I realise that this is not
the best sculpted hand in the world."
It is however my first water based clay 
(Phoenix clay) hand.
That being said, I thought it might be fun
to share photos my first 
water based clay sculpture.
At this point the clay is not fully dry.
 I chose to sculpt my own hand 
for easy reference.
Yes, I have a masculine looking hand,
or shall we say an artist's working
hand. ;)
 While feeling the cool clay
   moving within my fingertips
I watched it's transformation both in texture and form.
 I found myself getting lost in the days
and hours as my sculpture became more realistic.
With each movement of the clay my thoughts drifted
as I imagined God's hand creating.
 Sculpting this hand
 has been an experience in observation,
patience and discipline. 
All of which make me a better
person and hopefully a better artist.
I hope to encourage you to try new things.
Maybe not sculpting, but if you have ever
thought you might want to learn
how to do something, why not give it a try?
 You may surprise yourself!

I have been bitten by the sculpting bug.
My hope is to learn as much as I can about sculpting
in clay. So, it takes a lifetime and I am starting
later than some, I am learning and with each new
experience my art continues to grow and transform,
as does the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment