Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home spun yarn- knitted and crochet scarf

 My hand spun art yarn is now ready to be used.
 I will be making a thin-thick scarf.  The thin art yarn I have chosen is curly with gold ribbons running throw it. This ribbon will go well with my thicker art yarn, that has a thin gold thread with clear beads running throw it.
Most of my knitting is done while I am traveling. To prepare my balls of yarn I use my knees to hold my yarn in place.  I then start  whining my yarn into a ball.
My yarn balls are now ready to be made into something wonderful.
To make a thin-thick scarf use size 19 or 35 knitting needles. 
Cast on your stitches using both yarns. You will need to cast on the width you would like your scarf to be. Stop with an odd number on your needle. 
Drop your thick yarn. Knit two rows with your thin yarn. On the third row, pick up your thick yarn. Knit one row with both yarns together. Drop thick yarn. Knit two rows with the thin yarn. Pick up thick yarn. Repeat the pattern until you have the length  you would like your scarf. Cast off.
This is a close up of the thick-thin stitches.
I chose to make a very long scarf. I also crochet the bottom of my scarf.
One side of my scarf has five crochet flowers the other side has a simple ruffle.

Close up of flowers.
Finished scarf.

This scarf can be made with many different yarns. Lending to  many different and wonderful looks.
 Have fun using your imagination and creating your very own wonderful scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment