Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Old Pieces



One of the things I love to do, is to take pieces and make them new.
 Looking around my stash of fabric and rickrack I found these pieces and put them together.
I made a scarf  and or belt.
I don't like using patterns. This is a create as you go scarf.
  Repetition and rules in creating... not my thing. How would we ever come up with new ideas?
 I feel that rules, (in creating) limit our ability to explore and experiment. 
I added a vintage pen to this scarf to give it a little punch.
Don't be afraid to try new things. Experiment with new media. Work your new media into your old. What do you have to lose? You may come up with a wonderful piece of art or craft that every one will want to see or own.
Have a wonderful week of trying new things!




No comments:

Post a Comment