Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Lillies

It's a beautiful Sunday morning in April, the perfect time to show and tell Easter lilies.
The Easter lilies in my garden are wonderful this year. 
As I enjoy their smell and beauty I am reminded of their symbolism.

Easter Lilies;
Their white trumpet flowers represent purity,
 innocence,beauty, hope, life and the resurrection of Christ.
I have picked a bouquet of easter lilies,
 they now sit on my dining room table and
 each time I walk by them I am reminded of Easter and God's love.

  This poem by Louise Lewin Matthews speaks of the essence of the easter lilly.

Easter morn with lilies fair
Fills the church with perfumes rare,
As their clouds of incense rise, Sweetest offerings to the skies.
Stately lilies pure and white
Flooding darkness with their light,
Bloom and Sorrow drifts away,
On this holy hollow'd day
Easter Lilies bending low
in the golden afterglow,
Bear a message from the sod
To the heavenly towards of god.
-Louise Lewin Matthews





No comments:

Post a Comment