Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Craft Day- Painted Coconuts

Recently I was asked to paint a coconut
 for an upcoming fundraiser.
 My response was," PAINT!"
If any of you know me at all you know I have this
crazy fear of painting. 
I really don't know why, but I do.
Saying that, most who know me also know
 that I am always up for a challenge.
So today I will share with you my
response to the challenge.
Okay what do you do when you are really afraid 
of doing something? My husband Jay always told
our kids to be a problem solver.
 I am literally shaking in my shoes about
 painting a silly coconut.
Okay Ginny you can do this, get a grip.
"I think I can, I think I can."
So here it goes.
I took all those pieces of a coconut in the first picture
and in a way wimped out. You see I made a sculpture
of a wave and a surf board. That way I did not have 
to really stretch to far.
 So I show my creation to my loving husband
who gently says," Cute, but you can't even tell
it is a coconut."
Okay,Okay.
There is no getting around this. I will paint 
something on a coconut. 
But What?
I have always thought that sailfish are one of the most
beautiful fish in the ocean. So what better subject than 
something you admire.
A little challenge, a coconut, a little paint and a lot of courage
lead to a painted coconut and true confession of artist anxiety.
You can find these painted coconuts and many more by
very talented artist at the Useppa Island Fire House
Auction and Festivities the end of March.


No comments:

Post a Comment