Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jewelry-The Key

Once open a time when times were a little
simpler, maybe a little harder.
Who's to say?
Grandma and Grandpa
lived in a old farm house that sat
 on a few acres of land.
My three sisters and I would spend
weekends at Grandma's and Grandpa's.
My grandparents would care for their garden
all week and on the weekends my sisters and I 
would help Grandma sell their vegetables
at the stand in front of their house. 
These were wonderful times. 
Three little girls running and playing.
I remember a game 
my Grandma use to play with us.
"Who will answer the door?"
All three girls and grandma, of course,
would hide just around the corner of the house
as one of us would quickly run to the front door
and knock on it.
Then we would wait.
 Most of the time no one came to the door
but once in a while Grandpa would open the door
and say,"Who's that at my door?" 
We would all giggle quietly as he looked around
but never saw us.
These are just  a few of the memories
my sweet friend Julie shared with me as she 
placed this key in my hand and asked if 
I could make her something with it.
Julie is a school teacher .
She asked if I would make it simple 
so that she could wear it to school.
Here is a key that once opened
a door to a bedroom in the little 
farm house. Now it opens the door
 to many memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment