Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Craft Day- Clover Chains

It is summer!
That time of year when children
are playing outside. Families are having
 outdoor barbecues and going on vacations.
As a child one of my favorite things to do in the summer
 was to make clover chains.
 I would make necklaces, bracelets,
rings and halos.
This summer I was walking though grasses and 
clover flowers talking to a young friend.
I reached down to pick a clover flower and asked
 if she had ever made a clover necklace.
 She said,"No, what is that?"
I replied,"Would you like me to show you?"
I received I nod.
First we will gather clover flowers.
 Let's be careful not to pick the roots.
Now that we have gathered all of our flowers,
 we will start tying the flowers together.
 Hold two flowers in your hand.
With the stem of one of your flowers tie a small knot 
just under the bud of your other flower. 
Continue tying flowers together until your chain
is long enough to slip over your head.
Tie your ends together.
Now you have made a clover chain necklace.
Summers are a wonderful time for adults to share
their childhood joys with the younger
generations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment