Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Driftwood Wedding Arbor - The Assembly

The first phase of this arbor
started back in September.
My son Jeremy built the arbor frame.
He built it so that it could be broken down
and transported.
My husband Jay and Jeremy loaded the
Arbor pieces onto a trailer
and Jay drove it down to the marina.
There our friend Billy
loaded the arbor pieces onto his work boat
 and brought them over to Useppa Island.
Once the Arbor was on Useppa Jay and I
then loaded the
pieces onto a trailer and brought them
 to Floridian Cottage.
Jay then assembled the Arbor frame.
Once the arbor frame was up I strained it.
While it was drying I placed all of my driftwood on
 the deck for easy access.
Each piece of driftwood was then carefully selected
and placed on the arbor
with bronze coated ceramic wood screws.
I stopped counting the number of screws I was using at 500.

Three weekends into this project
I was getting low on driftwood.
Suzy and Vic showed up one day with a
nice donation to the Driftwood Arbor project.
Week six
The Arbor is now ready to move.

Tomorrow is moving day.
Then the finishing touches.




No comments:

Post a Comment