Thursday, August 12, 2010

Morning Stroll

Wow!
6:00 am -so much for that first cup of joe, grab that new camera, look at that sky!
I was looking at the reflection on the water with these branches hanging in front of me,what a crazy picture.
I'm loving how these trees are framing the sky.
(My new camera is like driving a new car. I'm loving it!)
Lets stroll on over to the gardens and see what this camera can do or should I say ,what I can do with the camera.
 While we are playing with the new camera, we can  look for signs of butterflies.
Thats not a Butterfly!
These guys are driving me crazy, they ate all of my amaryllis this year,they are chomping machines.

Some days you look in your garden and get a surprise,today was one of those days. A beautiful volunteer appeared in my butterfly garden.
 lantana
salvia
fire bush
Butterflies love all these flowers,must be to early for flight.
Ah,ha see those small yellow pointy dots, they are Sulphur Butterfly eggs.
I see chompage but no caterpillars.
This plant is Indian milk weed,one of the Monarch butterfly host plants. I do see a little chewing going on here.
Monarchs like to lay their eggs on the back side of the leave. The small white round raised dot is a monarch butterfly egg.
Did you know? With the exception to the bee, butterflies and moths pollinate more plants than any other insect.
I hope you enjoyed the morning stroll,have a wonderful day.

1 comment: