Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafting Valentines out of junk mail

What to do with all that junk mail????????????
That is what was in my thoughts at four o'clock this morning. I was not sleeping so I got up and started crafting.
Paper (discarded envelopes and junk mail), scissors and a glue stick
 is all that you will need for this valentines day craft.
Take an envelope, cut it into three triangles.
Fold the two end triangles in half. 
Cut around the top of each triangle so that they look like an ice cream cone. Open up the cone and you will have a heart that has a little pocket. 
Now take the center triangle and cut out more single hearts. Look at all your junk mail, if there is any with good graphics keep on cutting out different shapes and sizes of hearts.
As I was cutting out my hearts I was happily surprised to see how many different colors and patterns were inside the envelopes.
 Time to start gluing.
 Hearts on top of hearts on top of hearts.
Each heart has a little packet that will hold a  note or treat for your valentine.
Have fun crafting these cute little hearts just in time for valentines day.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it is just easy enough to do with my class! You are so creative!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, Thanks!
    I would love to see pictures of your class valentines. Have fun crafting!

    ReplyDelete