Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mating Manatees

The sky is bright blue the water is crystal clear and turquoise.
Today would be a wonderful day for fishing. 
So Jeremy took Felicia and I out in "Floridian"
We had high hopes of catching the Big one.
I was having a wonderful time fishing,
but got distracted when I saw something on the beach.
I said, " Jeremy look! What is that on the beach? Let's go see!"
Jeremy said, "Really mom, you have never seen that before."
I say,"No what is it!"
Jeremy told Felicia and I that  they are Manatees mating on the beach.
We got very excited and asked Jeremy to please take us up closer so that we could see
nature at work. After a little persuasion Jeremy gave in. 
We all brought in our fishing lines and headed for the beach.
We watched Manatees swimming into the beach from all directions.
There were close to twenty Manatees in this one area.
Jeremy explained to us that there is one female and that all the males
 are trying to get to her. 
(Felicia and I are looking at each other, "Poor thing!").
We did not catch a fish but the sight of twenty
 Manatees was wonderfully amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment