Friday, July 22, 2011

Decorating with Birds Nest

Today I would like to show you how to bring a bit of nature into your home.
Being a nature lover I am always picking up things
 that have been left behind by our little outdoor friends.
A bird's nest will be our craft focus today.
Here is a simple and sweet arrangement that you can make using your bird's nest.
                     In this arrangement I used a small glass stand with a glass dome. 
All I did here was place some green moss in the bottom of the glass stand.
Then I placed the bird's nest on top of the moss and replaced the glass dome.
A small bird votive was placed at the bottom of the stand. I put a little moss inside the votive 
and a small piece of moss next to the bird.
There you go, now every time you look at your sweet little arrangement
  memories of your wonderful walk with nature will pop in your head.
My second arrangement is in a very large container that also has a lid.
 I used silk hydrangea flowers, green moss and a votive bird in this arrangement.
You can use any birds you would like I just had these handy so I used them.
Cut your hydrangea stems.
  I cut the hydrangeas that are going on the bottom of my arrangement
     slightly shorter then the others.
  I also cut the bottom leaf off of the shorter hydrangeas. I will use these leafs later.
      Place your short hydrangeas all around the bottom of your container,
 then put your other hydrangeas above the shorter flowers. Now place the leaves that you cut off
 of your hydrangeas in between each of the bottom hydrangeas.
( If you have a problem with your flowers not staying in place
 put some florist foam in the bottom of your container.)
For the nest I used the lid of my container. 
I set the lid under my flower arrangement. Then I placed green moss and a bird's nest inside.
 A little bird was placed under the lid so that it looks as if it is peeking around the nest.
All done.
Now for the super easy decorating.
In my studio I have a wonderful antique eagle weather vane that sits on top of a step-back cupboard.
It was very lonely up their all by itself so I placed a large nest ( I believe it is a squirrels nest not a birds nest) beside him along with a gourd.
He is no longer lonely.
Have fun trying these ideas and bring a little nature into your home.


No comments:

Post a Comment