Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Victorian Flower Arrangement


My husband and I inherited two of these beautiful victorian silver vases. 
My mother-in-law displayed them proudly on her fireplace mantel and I always admired them.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would one day be sitting on my fireplace mantle. 
These vase are beautiful standing alone but I needed a little color on my mantle
 so I made flower arrangements in them.
 This is how I did it.
First I bought silk flowers.
 The color of my flowers are a little on the muddy side.
 I selected these colors for two reasons one- I love muddy colors,
 two- I felt these type of flowers and their muddy colors would give my
 arrangements more of a Victorian feel.
I cut and placed my florist foam inside of my vases.
Now for the arranging.
 I cut and trim my flowers as I go. 
I place my tall flowers in the back of my arrangment and the 
long hanging flowers in the front.
I continue cutting and placing my flowers,
 going back and forth between
 the two arrangements so that they look the same. 
While in reality they are opposite.
I have all of my flowers in place now I need to cover the the exposed foam.
I do this with green moss.
I was able to place my moss on and around my arrangement and it stayed in place.
If your moss will not stay in place a glue gun should do the job perfectly.
My Victorian vases now sit very proudly on my mantle,
their arrangements give my living room a little slash of color.










No comments:

Post a Comment