Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cheddar the Island Cat

To all of our Island friends, our Island Cat Cheddar is well.
One night after croquet Cheddar followed Jay and I home.
 He seemed a little lonely.So I went inside and filled a bowl 
with water and set it on the porch for him. He was most appreciative.
 After drinking most of the water he came up to me with his "Chedderness" 
and rubbed and meowed. He was in need of some loving.
So loving is what Cheddar got.
 I brushed and brushed. He purred and moved from side to side as if to tell me,
" don't stop, your not finished yet." Two pet brushes and 30 minutes later
I had brushed out a huge amount of Cheddar's winter coat.
I needed a little break and cool air so I went inside for a while.
An hour later Cheddar was still hanging out on the front porch.
 So I filled up a bowl with food and set it on the front porch
 with the bowl of water I had placed there earlier. 
 Cheddar started rubbing on me again so I picked up the brushes
 and started brushing him again.  
After filling a grocery bag full of cat fur I stopped brushing
this very sweet cat who would have let me brush him all night. 
Good night Cheddar.
Good morning Cheddar!
So that's our sweet Cheddar
 roaming the Island as he always does looking for love
and giving love to all who will let him.



No comments:

Post a Comment