Monday, February 18, 2013

Marionette Puppet Making Step Five - Facial Features

This is so exciting, today is the day our puppets 
take on their own personalities.
We will be using a paper pulp called Celluclay.
Jane and I started out by mixing up a batch of
this papier mâché.
With our papier mâché heads placed on top
of bottles Jane and I begin to sculpt our
puppets face's.




















We started by placing a very thin coat of this paper clay
on to our heads as a purchase.
Then our puppet's slowly began to come to life.
They really took on personality when we added
the eyes.
 This is Jane and her puppet,
King Arthur.
 King Arthur with hair.
This is my puppet Lady Guinevere.
Is this a Knight or is it an Alien?


King Arthur, Lady Guinevere and Lancelot.
Lancelot needs a little work.
I needed to make Lancelot look like a Knight.
So with Jane's prompting I began looking at photos of Knights.
Jane said,  "Your Knight needs a grill or visor on his helmet."
She was so right.
I also added a ridge on top of his helmet
and I added a place for future plumage.
We now have a true Knight to watch over Camelot.
Merlin will be arriving on the scene
very soon.
Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment