Thursday, April 18, 2013

Craft - Make an Elegant Pincushion

Look Jane,
I finally have a pincushion!
I have wanted to make this simple
pincushion for years but like so many things
it got put on the back burner.
This antique green cordial glass was my grandmother's.
There are only two of them and I have been saving 
this one and this vintage green velvet fabric
 so that I could one day make this pincushion.
I also used a fabric glue that also works on glass,
 polyfill, a needle and some thread.
Cut a circle out of your velvet 1 inch larger 
than the opening of your cordial glass.
Run a straight stitch all the way around
 the edge of your circle.
Pull your thread together to make a pillow.
Place some polyfill inside of your 
pillow.
Pull your thread so that your pillow is closed.
Knot your thread.
Place some of your glue in the top of your cordial.
Put your velvet pillow into the top of the cordial.
Let it dry.
Now you have an elegant pincushion.
Every time I use my pincushion I will 
be reminded of my sweet grandmother
an creative spirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment