Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Art Birds - Pileated Woodpecker

While on a morning walk I heard a
 thump thump, rumble sound.
"Could that be the sound of a woodpecker?"
 Looking to the sound my head tilted up 
and swung to the right,
there he was, a Pileated Woodpecker.
My mother-in law called them
"Oh Lordy's!"
A good definition I think, because when you
see one of these very large
and beautiful woodpeckers that is exactly
what you want to say. 
I stood and watched as he walked all around 
this palm tree pecking away the day.
 That is until an osprey scared him away.
I never did get a perfect photo of this fascinating bird.
He did however give me a lot of inspiration.
I am now making art birds.
They are all original. 
I make my own patterns and use repurposed
materials for their bodies.
Their beaks are hand sculpted as well as
their feet.
Each bird is hand sewn and sculpted.
This Woody is pecking away
on an antique wooden spool,
while waiting for a new home
in the connecting pieces
Etsy Shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/connectingpieces?ref=search_shop_



No comments:

Post a Comment