Monday, February 10, 2014

Tips and Tools - Corralling the Studio Chaos - DayThree - The Unusual

 I promised you the unusual
so here it is.
This vintage wooden turned flower frog,
is a perfect addition to my studio.
It's holes are just the right size for my hand made
repose and chasing tools.
The vintage glass frog above works well
for holding small tools.
This antique stamp holder now holds some of my pliers
and snips.
While junking one day I picked up this
kitchen knife block, lazy susan. 
I thought it might make a nice tool organizer. 
These small springs fit very nicely
in an old shot glass.
This wooden mortar lost it's pistal
while gaining other jeweler's tools.
Sometimes it is nice to have a container that will hold
 works in progress.
I am enjoying this vintage wooden divided lazy susan for
just that purpose.
This Mancala game was thrown out 
because it no longer had its glass game pieces.
I grabbed it up of course, after all it is wood and has
small dividers.
It works wonderfully for jewelry projects. 
One of my favorite game pieces in the studio
is this old wooden Cribbage board.
It is excellent for corralling my flex shaft tools.

This vintage drying rack has been in my studio
for years. It has held ribbion,
chain, bead strands and even tools.
Today it is working as a wire station.
Now that the studio is all clean and organized
it is time to start connecting some
of those many pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment