Sunday, December 12, 2010

Something Old Turned New-Bracelets

Some of my loves are old linens and lace. 
For years I have collected them. Over the years of use some of my linens have become tattered and worn. I have saved them with the thought of repurposing them some day.
This bracelet is a great example of repurposing old linens and lace. Here I used two vintage table cloths that were worn out but they still had wonderful features to them. I also sewed some old pearls onto this bracelet.
 Every thing old can become new with a little imagination.
 Here is another example of a shirt cuff bracelet.
Yes, the base of the bracelets are shirt cuffs. By using the shirt cuffs I have repurposed an old shirt, found a base for my wonderful linens and I have a closure for my bracelet.
These bracelets as well as other jewelry can be found in the Joseffa store on Useppa Island or you can contact me at connectingpieces@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment