Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jewelry- Two Beautiful Cuffs

In my last few blogs I have been talking about fall.
Fall leaves, decorations, bears(?).
 I have not mentioned football. 
Now you're saying, "What in the world,
 where is she going with this?"
Matt Anderson
What happens in fall?
 It's football season 
and it is homecoming time.
That means dances and along with dances
come dresses and my favorite, jewelry!
This is Samantha and Kirsten Anderson.
 They are beautiful in their new homecoming dresses.
Samantha and Kirsten asked me if I would make
a cuff for each of them to go with their dresses.
This is the cuff I made for Kirsten's dress.
Kirsten's dress is white with soft flowing feathers.
I felt this antique porcelain rose would be
  the perfect focus element for her cuff.
This rose was given to me by a wonderful friend.
 She handed it to me several years ago and said,
"Here do something with this."
"I took it off of an antique Italian chandelier."
This cuff base is metal with a porcelain rose
and crystal rhinestones.
Samantha's dress is an elegant black lace dress.
A filigree base would look nice with her black lace.
This is Samantha's Cuff.
It is on a silver metal filigree base with a
silver metal medallion.
This is the the side view of Samantha's cuff.
I used crystal rhinestones on the medallion of this cuff.
I also placed them down the sides of Samantha's cuff.
The back of Samantha's cuff.
Kirsten and Samantha showing off their
 new homecoming bracelets.
Homecoming is here, don't forget your jewels.







No comments:

Post a Comment