Friday, November 18, 2011

Butterflies-Mixed-Media on Canvas

Butterflies are flying in and around my studio yet again.
This time in the form of mixed-media on canvas.
I would love to share with you the stretching of my wings
 as I play with beautiful winged butterflies.
This winged creature looks as if it is floating waiting
 to discover all the world has to offer.
These little canvas boxes are 5x5x2.
The perfect accent for a shelf or desk.
My studio needed a little color and that is what pushed
me to create these lovely boxes.
This butterfly floats in a green back ground 
symbolizing growth.
The worn paper with splashes of gold represent time and words spoken.
 As the antique lace runs down the side of 
this canvas we see the bond of friendship
 growing stronger with every knot.
Brass sunflowers are friendships blooming.
Brass hearts are our love for one another.
"Friendship is love with understanding"
ancient proverb.
"A moment in time is always a journey worth taking"
Ginny Taylor
My Friend
A butterfly spreads its wings in a back ground of green and gold.
We have antique lace symbolizing trust over the years
 and a brass vase of flowers 
honoring our friendship.
"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere,
before whom I may think out loud"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
My Love
I ask that you use you own imagination here
I know what this box means to me but I 
ask "What do you see as you allow your mind 
to travel back in time and then move forward to the
present."
"Few delights can equal the mere presence of one
whom we trust utterly."
George Mac Donald
If you are intrigued, you can find these boxes in my
Etsy shop. This how to get there. Go to
once you are on Etsy press the handmade bottom on the top bar.
scroll down to shops press the shops button then type in ginnytaylor5 or connecting pieces.
Now you are in my Etsy shop called Connecting Pieces. 
Have fun exploring.
 I will be adding new things all the time so please come back often.
Have a wonderful weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment