Monday, January 2, 2012

My First Adventure of 2012

It's another beautiful morning!
On the first day of 2012
 I spent time with friends and family,
played croquet, played cards, ate well and then
 went on a little adventure.
After a full day of fun Jay and I asked some friends
 if they would like to go for a boat ride.
The water was calm and the sun was lowering in the sky.
With Dan at the helm we all have a wonderful 
boat ride in Floridian.
At idle speed we came to the entrance of a small
lagoon.
As we came to the middle of the lagoon we killed the engine.
Keep your eyes open and look very closely.
Do you see anything?
Ripples, bubbles and floating logs all across the lagoon.
Those are not logs they're Manatees.
This old guy was very friendly and curious.
He was huge, about eight feet long and three feet wide.
The tide was going out and as we floated out of the cove
Mr. Manatee stayed right with us.
Just as we came to the entrance of the lagoon
 I put my hand in front of his nostrils and
he give me a puff and a wink, submerged and swam off
 leaving a cloud of mud
 behind.
That was a moment I will never forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment