Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tiny Brass Art Journal

This morning I sat on my balcony drinking my warm cup of coffee.
The air was cool and there was that all familiar smell of oranges.
So with pen in hand I started to sketch what it 
meant to me to be home.
"My Happy Place," popped in my head. 
Then I started writing and drawing what my happy place is.
After filling a page with words and small drawings I suddenly had the 
urge to make an art journal.
Before this morning I had never made a book. 
I went on line and googled book binding
 and tought myself who to bind a book.
I wanted the cover of my book to be brass so I went to my metal stash
 and found a piece of etched brass. I  then started sketching and asking myself,
"What do I want my book to look like and 
how am I going to put each piece together?"
When you have a desire to know how, find a way to learn how.
You will be amazed at how much you really can do if you try.
My Tiny Art Journal is finished.
Now I have a sweet tiny 2"x2" book to put all my
"Happy Place" thoughts into.


No comments:

Post a Comment