Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tips and Ideas for Potpourri

Potpourri is beautiful and it's smells
 and looks are limitless.
Place it a pretty bowl or basket.
It is nice given as gift.
Here is a new idea,
how about using potpourri for
the bride and groom send off.
It is light, organic and beautiful.
Potpourri is very simple to make.
All you need are dried things.
 Recently I received a flower arrangement and
  I was amazed at how well the flowers and leaves
  kept their color even after they had died.
 I pulled off all the leaves and 
petals and put them onto an old cookie sheet.
I had been saving some dried pods and other
flower petals from 
  other flower arrangement's and my garden. 
I added them to my potpourri.
 Then I mixed all my dried things together.
Looks pretty!
Now for the scent.
How many of us have wonderful colognes 
and perfumes that for one reason or another we do not 
wear anymore?
Why not pick one of your favorite  scents
 and lightly spray it on to your potpourri?
( The trick here is to pick a scent that is not too strong.)
Spray your potpourri, mix it and you have
your every own homemade
potpourri.
 Place your potpourri into corsage bags
and tie them with a bow and
dangle a cute little something from the bow.
I used a small bird charm and flowers.
You now have a gift for any occasion.






No comments:

Post a Comment