Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Useppa Garden Treasures


Not many people know this but there is a
tropical nursery on Useppa Island.
 It is full of beautiful plants, flowers and trees.
This is not just any nursery.
 
There are surprises around every corner,

starting with the entrance of the Nursery.
 Hanging from a giant banyan tree
 you will see a wonderful whimsical sign made from the
roots of the banyan tree.
 
 A piece of old cement rubble makes the perfect backdrop
for bromeliads and ginger.

The many roots that hang from the Banyan tree
have been used to make sculpture.
There is a saying,
"One woman's trash is another woman's treasure".
that is surely true in this garden.
We have a very talented designer
 turning discarded things into works of art.
 Meet Rachel Stack, she is the creator and designer of all
 the things I am showing you today.
Rachel has an eye for the unexpected.
Here she has taken an old garden gate and turned it into
a wall of bromeliads and orchids.

 Rachel has the ability to look at nature and the things around
her and make magic,
just like she did with this fairytale swing.
This is a must see!
As I wandered the garden paths I could not help but smile.
I felt like I was in a story book asking myself
where Alice, Rabbit or the Mad Hatter were.
With each turn I found a new creation.

There are sculptures everywhere,
 from hanging high in trees

to sitting peacefully on the ground.
I can't wait to see more of Rachel's amazing 
works of art in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment