Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This weeks Jewelry Challenge

A friend of mine ask me if I could take some of her older jewelry,
 change it up and make it new.
Always loving a challenge ,I said sure.
The first thing I had to do was to take all of the Jewelry apart and sort it. 
When the beads were sorted. I had a nice selection of black onyx, lapis,black crystals,pearls, shell beads and multi color crystals.
Before
 My friend told me she really likes red and black. To up date the shell and pearl necklace, I first took the pearl out of the center of the flower and replaced it with a red crystal.
Then I restrung the necklace using black onyx,shell and pearl beads. I also used  red and black crystals. The toggle was changed to a sterling silver flower to go with the flower pendent.
After

Okay ,now I have lots of black and blue beads to work with. Remember said friend is not real crazy about the color blue. She does like black how ever. What to do,what to do...


 I took a black and blue agate. Rapped it in sterling wire with some twist and sterling beads.
Stringing this necklace with different sizes and shapes of beads I'm hoping to attain  more of a modern, contemporary feel. I'm also hoping for the eye to go to the over all piece and not the color blue.
My friend did not like the bulky and heavy look of her old necklaces. So I made this very long light necklace. It is made to rap,one,two or three times. It has a toggle so it could even be warn on the wrist by rapping many more times.

This was fun. A medium to long necklace with black onyx, dyed jade and 
sterling beads. I used some bone flower beads as accents as well as a bone turtle bead.
I finished with four necklaces and one pair of ear rings.
All rapped up and ready to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment