Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tips and Tools - Organizing Laces and Ribbons

It is always nice to find new ways to
organize.
Today I will show you a little trick
I have found for organizing all those antique and vintage
laces, as well as the small bits we just hate to throw away.
To start the first part of this project
 you will need an old 
deck of cards and a glue stick.
You may also want to place a piece of cardboard
 under your work space to protect your table.
Take two cards, put glue on the number side
of one of your cards. Place the other card on top.
Make sure your cards are straight.
You can make as many of these as you would like.
Then start wrapping your lace around
your card. Secure the end with
a straight pin.
These cards fit perfectly in my old library card case.
For all my small bits and pieces of antique lace
I like to re-purpose wine corks.
All I do is take a wine cork and wind my
ribbon or lace around it.
Secure it with a straight pin.
For easy access I place them in small drawers.
This antique doll's dresser works perfectly
for all my small pieces of lace and ribbons.

1 comment:

  1. So clever. So simple. Perfect.
    I've been love ng searching for a simple way to keep all those bits and ends organized and manigable. And with wine involved - how can you go wrong? Thanks for the tip n

    ReplyDelete