Saturday, February 18, 2012

Needle Felting Class

Some of my island friends
were interested in how I made my felt painting.
 So last weekend I gave a demonstration on
how to Needle Felt.
After the demonstration several of the ladies asked 
if I would give a class. So this weekend I give my first 
Needle Felting class.
I'm ready for class.
Each student will be given a small tote.
Inside this bag they will find a 12 x 12 wool felt square,
needle felt mat, multi needle tool, replacement needles,
two felting needles, a foam block, embroidery needles,
 a pencil and one large and one small Ziploc bag.
We will all be sharing felt, roving, embroidery thread
and scissors.
When everyone arrived we took our places around a large table.
I asked my students to tell me 
what they hoped to gain from this class.
Each one of these wonderful artist had the same answer.
(Oh, I didn't tell you. Each lady is an artist.)
They all said that they wanted to learn something new
with the possibility of incorporating it into their art.
With that being said, I will be giving an open class,
meaning that each student will create what they wish
 and I will be here to help when needed.
 After a quick step by step on what the tools are
and what they do the ladies were on their way to
creating their first felted piece of art work.
It is always fun hanging out with artistic people.
I am always inspired and fascinated.
Five ladies were given the same tools and each one
came up with with very different, yet wonderful, designs.
They now have another artist tool in their pockets.
Great Work Ladies!
Thank you Carolynne, Judith, Donna and Jane.
That was truly a wonderful afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment