Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Little Turtle Snug In His Shell

My new little grandson Jude. 
All I seem to want to do these days is hold him 
 or watch his every move.
My son Mac put it best when he said to his sister,
"You have hours of entertainment just watching Jude."
My daughter and I started laughing one day
 as we watched this newborn hold up his head
 and move it from side to side.
He looked like a cute little turtle. 
That is when the idea of a turtle shell
 popped into my head.
Rachel and I thought it would be cute to take some 
newborn pictures of Jude wearing a turtle shell.
So I got a little creative and dove into my
stash of fabrics and felts.
I made a shell form out of the fabric and felted
turtle shell shapes on top.
 Jude is a curious little fellow.
  At first he did not want to stay in his shell,
but soon he was all snug in his warm
turtle shell, 
fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment